Pressure Testing of Mains and Services < 2 Bar Including Anchorage
1 or 2 days depending on Client requirements
Gas operatives and managers who are required to undertake or supervise, Pressure Testing of Mains & Services on Gas Networks.
To provide the skills and knowledge to undertake safe and competent Pressure Testing of Mains & Services in Gas Networks up to 2 Barg.
On completion of the course candidates will be able to demonstrate:
- Knowledge and understanding of pressure testing of gas networks for both mains & services
- How to calculate test requirements for mains & services (MP & LP)
- How to install standpipes & pressure gauges
- How a network is pressurised, tested and de-pressurised
- Failure of a pressure test
- Recording of test activities
- Knowledge of pneumatic, hydrostatic & advanced acoustic pressure testing
This course covers procedures associated with testing of Gas Networks to give candidates a fundamental understanding of the engineering principles that are applied to pressure testing.
Trainer led theory and practical sessions, followed by multi choice written assessments and practical assessments.
Trainees will require safety footwear, gloves, eye protection and flame retardant overalls for use during practical exercises.
“We’ve been involved with Utilise since the start of the West Midlands Gas Alliance. We’re in our 5th year and 500 employees have been through the training. We operate the training from first class facilities, with first class trainers who deliver the end product we’re looking for - a well trained workforce who are compliant with gas industry regulations.
Andy Crowder - Managing Director, Utilities, Morgan Est
© 2013 Utilise T.D.S. Limited, Lowton Business Centre, Newton Road, Lowton St Mary's, Warrington, WA3 2AP.
Registered in England No 07026025 - VAT No: 987354760
T: 01942 260697 F: 01942 262773