PE Electro Fusion & Butt Fusion Welding Experienced Candidate (Water)
Any Utility Operative carrying out butt fusion and electro fusion welding.
To provide operatives with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform butt fusion and electro-fusion welded joints to industry standards.
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
- Identify and select polyethylene pipe and fittings, and
- Manufacture and inspect Electro Fusion and Butt Fusion welds according to industry standards.
The course will cover:
- Characteristics and identification of polyethylene pipes and associated fittings
- Supply, handling and installation of polyethylene pipes and associated fittings
- Pre-jointing equipment and machine checks
- How to manufacture a butt fusion and electro-fusion joint using associated machines and equipment
- Inspection of joints for quality assurance
Through presentation of written and verbal theory sessions and practical training and assessment.
Industry experience of polyethylene pipe installation. This course is designed for candidates who have had previous experience/training in EF/BF welding.
NB. Participants must provide PPE appropriate to activities to be undertaken. Please see joining instructions for more information.
“They are very flexible in their delivery and always willing to listen to any feedback from our apprentices.”
Jacqui Woodward, Technical Programme Delivery Co-ordinator, United Utilities
© 2016 Utilise T.D.S. Limited, Lowton Business Centre, Newton Road, Lowton St Mary's, Warrington, WA3 2AP.
Registered in England No 07026025 - VAT No: 987354760
T: 01942 260697 F: 01942 262773