PE Electro Fusion & Butt Fusion Welding Upskill (Water)
Any utility operative carrying out butt fusion and electro fusion welding.
To provide operatives with the necessary skills and knowledge to perform butt fusion and electro fusion welded joints to industry standards.
On completion of the course, candidates will be able to:
- Identify and select polyethylene pipe and fittings, and
- Manufacture and inspect electro fusion and butt fusion welds according to industry standards.
The course will cover:
- Characteristics and identification of polyethylene pipes and associated fittings
- Supply, handling and installation of polyethylene pipes and associated fittings
- Pre-jointing equipment and machine checks
- How to manufacture a butt fusion and electro-fusion joint using associated machines and equipment
- Inspection of joints for quality assurance
Through presentation of written and verbal theory sessions and practical training and assessment.
Industry experience of polyethylene pipe installation.
NB. Participants must provide PPE appropriate to activities to be undertaken. Please see joining instructions for more information.
“We’ve seen tangible business benefits from the training delivered by Utilise.
We found Utilise to be a very professional and flexible organisation and more courses are planned for the future.”
Robin Bradshaw, Technical Operations Director, Lowri Beck
© 2013 Utilise T.D.S. Limited, Lowton Business Centre, Newton Road, Lowton St Mary's, Warrington, WA3 2AP.
Registered in England No 07026025 - VAT No: 987354760
T: 01942 260697 F: 01942 262773