PE Electro Fusion Welding Upskill
Any utility operative carrying out electro fusion welding.
To provide operatives with the necessary skills and knowledge to carry out electro fusion welded joints to industry standards.
On completion of the course:
- Identify and select polyethylene pipe and fittings, and
- Manufacture and inspect electro fusion welds according to industry standards
The course will cover:
- Characteristics & Identification of polyethylene pipes and associated fittings
- Supply, handling and installation of polyethylene pipes and associated fittings alternative types of equipment to disinfect water main and related apparatus.
- Pre-jointing equipment checks
- How to manufacture electro fusion joints using appropriate equipment
- Inspection of joints for quality assurance.
Through presentation of written, verbal theory sessions, practical training and assessment.
Industry experience of polyethylene pipe installation.
NB. Participants must provide PPE appropriate to activities to be undertaken. Please see joining instructions for more information.
“We’ve been involved with Utilise since the start of the West Midlands Gas Alliance. We’re in our 5th year and 500 employees have been through the training. We operate the training from first class facilities, with first class trainers who deliver the end product we’re looking for - a well trained workforce who are compliant with gas industry regulations.
Andy Crowder - Managing Director, Utilities, Morgan Est
© 2013 Utilise T.D.S. Limited, Lowton Business Centre, Newton Road, Lowton St Mary's, Warrington, WA3 2AP.
Registered in England No 07026025 - VAT No: 987354760
T: 01942 260697 F: 01942 262773