Level 3 certificate in Maintain Water supply (Network)
6 - 8 days (depending on experience)
Leakage Operatives / Network Inspectors / Field Technicians
To provide the candidate with the skills and knowledge required to obtain a CABWI certificate level 3 in maintaining water supply network
The candidate must complete six units and attain 35 credits to attain the full certificate. They must complete a five mandatory units plus one optional unit from the following lists.
- Carry out risk assessments for operational activities on the water supply network
- Carry out operational planning for water network activities
- Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety in the water industry
- Make sure actions in the workplace aim to protect the environment
- Develop understanding of techniques for minimum disruption of the water distribution network during operational activities.
- Monitor and review water network activities
- provide information to support decision making
- Maintain budgetary and regulatory requirements for network activities andd maintain professional relationships.
The course will cover
- Operational activities and details of risk and assess the level of risk.
- Planning for operational network activities
- Identify and reduce the risks in the workplace relating to health and safety.
- Consider the use of techniques to maintain the continuity of supply
- Identify and minimise the risks to the environment
- Identify and resolve problems arising from the network activities.
Awarding body written and practical assessments - compilation of a portfolio of evidence
National water hygiene card and relevent water distribution experience
NB. Participants must provide PPE appropriate to activities to be undertaken. Please see joining instructions for more information.
“We’ve seen tangible business benefits from the training delivered by Utilise.
We found Utilise to be a very professional and flexible organisation and more courses are planned for the future.”
Robin Bradshaw, Technical Operations Director, Lowri Beck
© 2013 Utilise T.D.S. Limited, Lowton Business Centre, Newton Road, Lowton St Mary's, Warrington, WA3 2AP.
Registered in England No 07026025 - VAT No: 987354760
T: 01942 260697 F: 01942 262773